Destination weddings are some of the most beautiful and happiest occasions a couple can experience together. But you do need to go into the planning of a destination wedding with eyes wide open.
- Is there a dedicated wedding planner on site? Can she be reached by email?
- What services does your wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
- How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
- Will there be other weddings taking place during the same time as ours?
- If we want our wedding on the beach, what is the set-up?
Get a price estimate — and see if you can negotiate a better deal:
- Do you offer a set destination wedding package, or do we choose the elements individually?
- Can you email a price list to me? Do you expect those prices to change by the date of my wedding?
- If I want to bring friends and family members, do you offer a discount on the price of rooms?
- What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
- On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that does not bring in religion?
- What do you do if I schedule an outside ceremony and reception -- and it rains?
Italy is one of the easiest countries in the world for a couple coming from overseas to have a globally recognized legal marriage. There are no residency requirements as there are for France, although the certification required varies depending on your country of origin, so ask:
- What are the legal implications of getting married in Italy?
Help them to be there in more than spirit:
- Can you make a webcam available during the ceremony?
- How long will it take to get our pictures back, and can they be quickly posted on an online album?
- What type of Internet access is available at your property?
It's your wedding. Ask away!